Last Update: 5/7/2017
It appears as if Dyck-O’Neal is again aggressively filing lawsuits to collect on old foreclosure judgments. In our office, I’ve been receiving a lot more calls about these types of cases, with most of the lawsuits being filed by a Tampa law firm (Daniel C. Consuegra, Esq.). Since things may be heating up again, I thought it would be a good idea to share some articles we have written in the past about deficiency judgments.
Here are 19 articles that we hope you will find helpful:
- July 2014 Deadline for Older Foreclosure Deficiency Judgments – Small South Florida Banks and Credit Unions Increasingly Aggressive on Deficiency Collection Efforts
- Florida Deficiency Foreclosure Claims: Now, One Year Statute of Limitations Deadline on Banks to Pursue the Deficiency
- Deficiency Judgments and Past Due Condo Association Payments
- Florida Deficiency Judgment Overturned by Florida Court: Bank Loses Deficiency Because it Fails to Provide Valid Evidence of Fair Market Value
- Future of Florida Deficiency Judgments on Florida Home Mortgages – Will New Laws Limit or End Bank’s Ability to Sue for Unpaid Mortgage Balance?
- Florida Mortgage Holders: Has Anyone Explained to You About the Collection Efforts That You’ll Face When You Stop Making Your Home Mortgage Payments? Unfair Collection Activities in Florida Mortgage Defaults and Deficiencies
- Congress Fixing Foreclosure Mess: New Bill Proposes to Limit or Nix Deficiency Judgments on Homes in Proposed Fairness in Foreclosures Act
- Florida Deficiency Lawsuits Against Florida Homeowners Who Walked Away From Their Mortgages: Are You About to be Sued for the Deficiency Balance Left on Your Florida Mortgage? (Answer Likely is Yes)
- Florida Home Owners Need to Fight a Deficiency Judgment When Their is Fraud in Their Foreclosure: Deficiency Judgments Are Often Based on Foreclosure Fraud
- Bankers Warned to Think Twice Before Going After Deficiency Judgments After Last Week’s News of Overestimated Number of Strategic Defaults
- Can the Bank Garnish My Wages During a Florida Foreclosure?
- What is HAFA? – Can HAFA Help? – Deficiency Judgment Relief
- Prime Borrowers in Florida are most at risk for a Deficiency Judgment
- Florida Deficiency Judgments – What is Fair Market Value?
- Walking away from your Home Mortgage – Not without Consequences
- Deficiency Judgments in Florida
- Florida Deficiency Judgments – The Rest of the Story
- Estate is Liable for Mortgage Deficiency, Not Heirs
- Can the Bank Garnish my Wages after Foreclosure if they are seeking a Deficiency Judgment against me?
- Is a Dyck O’Neal Lawsuit Valid if it is Served After July 1, 2014?
- Did You Get A Letter From A Debt Collector For A Florida Mortgage Deficiency Related to a Foreclosure Or Short Sale?
If you found this information helpful, please share this article and bookmark it for your future reference.